I have never ever made soap in my life, I was inspired to try since we love handmade organic soap and it can get expensive. The recipe I used did not include using Lye. I thought for my first go I would start with an extremely easy "idiot proof" recipe.
The end product, worked great! I tried to be fancy with the two toned soap to add that extra little touch. It smells so good!
1 container of Shea Butter (found at your local arts and crafts store)
4 drops of purple soap Colouring
4-6 drops of Lavender Essential Oil
1. Melt Shea Butter in microwave in 30 second intervals until fully melted.
2. Separate a portion of the soap into a plastic container, add your essential oil, and set aside.
3. Add your essential oil and colouring and mix well. Work fast it will start to harden.
4. Pour purple soap mixture into a cut and clean juice container ( see picture below)
5. Wait two minutes and pour the white soap mixture on top.
6. Let sit for 1-2 hours, remove cut and wash up!
Handmade Soap will make your body sing a love song
Post a Comment