Thursday, April 20, 2017

Pinching Those Pennies

Hello Readers,

Have you ever been tight on money, or need to put that favourtie treat back on the shelf because "you don't need it"? We now ask that a whole lot less! Let me tell you how! 

With being a one family income, this is great for us, we only purchase what we know we will use and if I have a coupon that makes the product free or under $0.75 I will purchase it and donate it.

I was raised by a single mom and we always had to be careful about our spending, at the time couponing wasn't a big thing. After the famous TLC Show "Extreme Couponing" everyone tried to coupon, but never stuck to it. 

Couponing can be hard work if you don't know what you're doing.. That was me years ago.

It's not always easy to get started, especially when my husband didn't know about couponing and wondered why I would get mad when he purchased something that I had a coupon for... I am that CRAZY coupon lady.

 

Here are my secrets on how I safe a minimum of $50.00 in coupons alone!

1. Pick your poison . Binder, envelope, ziplock bags? NO a Thirty One pouch with dividers (you can get them at Walmart too). 

2. Invest Properly. Forget Scissors, get a paper cutter - Your hands will thank you.

3. Pick your army. So many sites, so little time - you only need three websites. Get ready to bookmark these on your computer.

1. www.coupons.com (You need a printer) one visit to this site and you can save upwards of $400.00

2. www.save.ca ( You can choose to have these mailed or print on the spot)

3. www.smartcanucks.ca (great for samples, flyers, coupons and upcoming sales)

This is where you have to do the hard work - read those flyers! Almost every store will price check, this is great especially since Canada Couponing is much different then our friends in the States.

I like to go to Walmart, so I bring my flyers with pre marked products at other stores that I have coupons for* , that is key.

So with that you have a product that is reduced then a coupon. The products that you can "make money" on are items such as BBQ Sauce, Tomato Sauce, Pasta and Paper Products. 


Have any questions, please let me know and Happy Couponing!


Homestead Wife
xx


No comments:

Post a Comment